Monday, October 27, 2008

My favorite genre of TV show is "Abstinence only"

I'm sure that when LCD Soundsystem were talking about Daft Punk playing at their house they actually meant "a fundamental baptist family in Arkansas cooking breakfast and practicing violin."



"17 Kids and Counting," the Duggar's show on TLC, is my new TV obsession. I don't think they're bad people, and I like that they are a close-knit, loving family who financially support all the chilluns they pop out. But they've forsaken individuality for numbers. All the kids are homeschooled and play violin and piano. Except if you're a girl, the girls also have to play the harp. On the show, they don't talk about stuff like "Jimmy's really into dinosaurs" (I bet they don't believe in dinosaurs) or "Joanie's such a good artist" (though I have seen them play with crayons on the show).

According to their Web site, Michelle was on the pill when she and Jim Bob first got married. Then they decided they were being selfish and would have as many children as God saw fit, because biology has nothing to do with it.

No comments: