Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why I don't eat Lucky Charms anymore



Flip flops provide little protection against blades meant for chopping wood. I was camping at the beach with my family, and rolled out of the tent with the mission of foraging for food in the trailer. My family's trailer wasn't so much a trailer as it was the back of an old pick-up with boards on the sides and a trailer hitch, but it hauled supplies that wouldn't fit into the Jeep just fine. I reached over the side in my half-awake daze to feel for the box of Lucky Charms. I didn't see my dad had left the ax propped up against the wheel, uncovered, blade side out, and the side of my toe grazed against, cutting out a sizeable slice. My mom bandaged up my toe while I stared into my paper bowl of marshmallowy bits.

No comments: